Thursday, September 3, 2015

Fakers - Personality Voices 7"


Fakers is the new band made up of Andy and Joey Siara from The Henry Clay People, and the first song off of their new 7", "$600", picks up where they seemed to have left off. They're back to singing about making ends meet with a $600 place to rest their heads, where they can pay their rent, but they can't afford any more accidents. Honestly, this could easily have been a hcp song. With the amount of line-up changes that band had, I'm not sure why they didn't just keep the same band name. But then the B-side "Gold Room," kicks in - a song about day drinking at your local bar where tequila's cheaper than water, and I'm like yeah, this is a different band. It reminds me of built to spill's guitar-heavy mid-tempo indie-rock. I think there's a couple more songs on a download card, but I haven't heard them yet. I'm sure they're great live. You can pick up the 7" HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment