Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Humboldt DIY Zine


Humboldt DIY put out its second issue of their zine. It's an anonymous community-based zine where anyone can submit whatever they want, so it's kind of a free-for-all mash-up of writings and artwork. I did an interview with Steve Lovett who owns and runs People's Records, which is Arcata's only record store at the moment. Steve also played in the band Raid, which is remembered for their involvement in the formation of the hardline movement. I think the interview was pretty interesting, and turned out alright. The zine overall is rad, and I think a huge improvement from the first issue. If you're interested in one, you can email humboldtdiy(at)gmail(dot)com. 

_____

In other news my friend Alex Poska put out his first issue of his #diy4lyfe  zine, which he interviewed me for. He also made a tape comp with a bunch of the bands from the issue that you can grab from him. 

My friend Garrett La Bonte is also putting out a zine this week called Glimpses that has an interview with me in it. You'll be able to grab that from the Avocado Record Store within the week. He's having a release show for it this Friday. click HERE for the facebook event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment